This recipe is really easy but so yummy! Takes about 30 minutes and you make it all in one pan (as long as you have precooked rice. You can scramble the vegan egg in the same pan before making everything else). Top it with vegan chicken or eat it as is!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
1 medium sweet potato, shaved and cubed
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
drizzle high heat oil
3/4 cup water or veggie broth
1/2 tsp veggie bouillon (if using water)
1/4 cup diced bell peppers
1/4 cup sweet peas
1/4 cup scrambled vegan JUST egg (with salt and pepper)
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup day old brown basmati rice
tbsp coconut aminos
tbsp rice vinegar
salt and pepper
1/2 avocado, diced
green onion for serving
everything bagel seasoning for serving
- Pulse your sweet potato in a food processor until it resembles rice texture. Don’t over pulse, it will shrink so larger pieces are okay.
- Add onion and carrot and oil over medium high heat and saute about 3 minutes until browned. Add the sweet potato rice and stir to combine flavors.
- Add water/ broth, bell peppers, ginger and garlic and cook until the water evaporates over medium heat. When water is almost evaporated, add peas and egg.
- Add rice, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, salt and pepper and saute until everything is browned and a little crispy in some bites. Be careful not to overcook the sweets and turn it all into mush. Once done, remove from heat.
- Top with avocado, green onion and everything bagel seasoning. Enjoy!